The brick kiln is the last surviving structure from Barham’s Brick and Tile Works. Barnham Brothers were one of many Bridgwater firms producing clay products for export across the world.

The works were established on the east bank of the River Parrett in 1858 and remained in operation until 1965. The site was cleared in 1980 except for one of the kilns.

The brick kiln is a Scheduled Ancient Monument and a Grade II* Listed Building.

Access

Access is via the Brick and Tile Museum.

Where is it?

brick and tile museum bridgwater